Help painters, paperhangers, plasterers, or stucco masons by performing duties of lesser skill. Duties include using, supplying or holding materials or tools, and cleaning work area and equipment.
||Median Annual Wage
||Average Job Openings Per Year
||Average Unemployment Percentage
||Percentage That Completed High School
||Employment Numbers in 2006
||Percentage That Had Some College
||Employment Numbers in 2016 (est.)
||Percentage That Went Beyond College Degree
Sample Job Titles
Sources: Career Guide to Industries (CGI), Occupational Information Network (O*Net), Occupation Outlook Handbook (OOH)
- Building and Construction — Knowledge of materials, methods, and the tools involved in the construction or repair of houses, buildings, or other structures such as highways and roads.
- English Language — Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Administration and Management — Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- Design — Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principles involved in production of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models.
- Public Safety and Security — Knowledge of relevant equipment, policies, procedures, and strategies to promote effective local, state, or national security operations for the protection of people, data, property, and institutions.
- Equipment Maintenance — Performing routine maintenance on equipment and determining when and what kind of maintenance is needed.
- Coordination — Adjusting actions in relation to others' actions.
- Active Listening — Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Equipment Selection — Determining the kind of tools and equipment needed to do a job.
- Quality Control Analysis — Conducting tests and inspections of products, services, or processes to evaluate quality or performance.
- Extent Flexibility — The ability to bend, stretch, twist, or reach with your body, arms, and/or legs.
- Trunk Strength — The ability to use your abdominal and lower back muscles to support part of the body repeatedly or continuously over time without 'giving out' or fatiguing.
- Static Strength — The ability to exert maximum muscle force to lift, push, pull, or carry objects.
- Gross Body Equilibrium — The ability to keep or regain your body balance or stay upright when in an unstable position.
- Arm-Hand Steadiness — The ability to keep your hand and arm steady while moving your arm or while holding your arm and hand in one position.
- Core — Clean work areas and equipment.
- Core — Apply protective coverings such as masking tape to articles or areas that could be damaged or stained by work processes.
- Core — Perform support duties to assist painters, paperhangers, plasterers, or masons.
- Core — Supply or hold tools and materials.
- Core — Fill cracks or breaks in surfaces of plaster articles or areas with putty or epoxy compounds.
- Performing General Physical Activities — Performing physical activities that require considerable use of your arms and legs and moving your whole body, such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, and handling of materials.
- Handling and Moving Objects — Using hands and arms in handling, installing, positioning, and moving materials, and manipulating things.
- Communicating with Supervisors, Peers, or Subordinates — Providing information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
- Inspecting Equipment, Structures, or Material — Inspecting equipment, structures, or materials to identify the cause of errors or other problems or defects.
- Establishing and Maintaining Interpersonal Relationships — Developing constructive and cooperative working relationships with others, and maintaining them over time.
Related College Curriculum
Featured Online Colleges
For more online colleges, click here.
Colleges Offering Curriculum